At Woodside we aim to provide a learning environment that promotes equal ambition for all pupils to learn and achieve through our vision of ‘Together in God’s love we inspire and grow through living life in all its’ fullness’- John 10:10.
We are a community of children, parents/carers, staff, governors, and neighbours who challenge and support each other to grow and flourish.
Our mission is to provide a safe space for our children to develop:
- A life- long love of learning
- A natural curiosity for the world around them
- A sense of community
- To live life in all its fullness
Our curriculum intent:
At Woodside C of E Primary School there is equal ambition for all pupils to learn and achieve. Our curriculum is rooted with equal measures of knowledge and skills. It is focussed on ‘knowing more and remembering more’ and has a base that surrounds our locality and community. It is our intention to equip our children to be ready for their next stage of education, life in our community and in modern day Britain.
We will enable this to happen by providing:
- High quality teaching that meets the needs of all pupils
- A varied and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of our pupils.
- Daily collective worship that encompasses our Christian faith as well as promoting equality and diversity of all.
- A curriculum that is knowledge and skills based and allows our pupils to know more and remember more as they journey through school.
- Provide and promote a love of reading which in turn enriches our pupil’s vocabulary.